1. In general what is your background?
I played high school sports (basketball, golf) and recently started running a 10K a year.
39, Cardiac Sonographer (Mayo)
3. How did you get to know about CrossFit, how did you start?
I was introduced to CrossFit by Annalissa Johnson dog trainer extraordinaire and CrossFit Athlete. I had never heard of CrossFit prior to meeting Annalissa. I took the Fundamentals class at CFP.
4. How has CrossFit changed your life, lifestyle, and level of fitness?
CrossFit has given me more confidence and less fear. I am more aware of wanting to do more physical activity everyday than prior to joining CFP…CrossFit is a bit of an addiction I really don’t like to miss classes and I schedule my social plans around the workouts – the workouts are my priority (I’m such a bad friend). Now I am the most fit I have ever been in my life, but I have a lot of work to do to reach my goals (and then I’ll just make new ones).
5. Name one goal or personal record you would like to accomplish through CrossFit.
I ran/walked a ½ marathon a few years ago; I would like to remove the walking portion of my next ½ marathon. Plus I have some weight-loss goals.
6. Favorite CrossFit moment.
When I reluctantly used a 20-in box for box jumps. It was the first indication that I was getting fitter and stronger.
7. What do you like more about CrossFit Progression
No matter the fitness levels of the members everyone is always encouraging each other.
8. Favorite WOD.
20 AMRAP: 9-6-3 – power cleans, ring dips but I did push-ups, & box jumps.
9. Favorite CrossFit movement?
Push Press (or Thruster) but box jumps are a close second
10. Least favorite movement.
11. Favorite Food.
Generally there is not a food that I don’t claim as my favorite…but hamburgers would have to top my list this week.